I’m Grace Dayton, Pat DeWine’s step-daughter. I’ve known Pat since I was 5, and in celebration of Father’s Day I wanted to share with you a few reasons why he is both a great dad and a great public servant for Ohio!
5) His passion is inspiring! Pat has served as a city councilman, county commissioner, and as both a trial and appellate judge. He loves going to work every day to help people and make our community better.
4) He makes time for us! Even though Pat’s campaign takes him all over the state, he makes it a point to be back to Cincinnati to spend time with us whenever he can. He takes Mom to concerts, loves to grill and cook for us, and just last week hurried home to take me, Mom and my friends out for my 15th birthday!
3) His dedication! Pat graduated Miami University with a 4.0 GPA. As a current student I know that takes a lot of hard work! Pat also finished in the top of his class in law school, and was one of the best marathoners in Ohio (when he was quite a bit younger!). Pat’s dedication to keeping his court docket moving and giving people the respect and justice they deserve makes him an outstanding judge.
2) Family! When Mom married Pat I suddenly got so many new aunts, uncles and cousins — the DeWine family is huge! Watching how Pat cares for all of us is a window into how much he appreciates people and respects each individual’s God-given talents and abilities.
1) He has 5 teenagers! I’d like to think that the regular in-home training we’ve given Pat has made him quite a bit better at sorting through some tough arguments as a judge ;-). I have no doubt he’ll make an outstanding Justice for Ohio!
From my family to yours, I hope you are able to spend time with your loved ones and enjoy this Father’s Day weekend!